After a long day out in the hot sun swimming we needed something quick and delicious for dinner. I decided to make us Stuffed Portobello Mushroom with a side of french fries! It was super easy and quick to make, taking less than 10 minutes to prepare.
The french fries were easy, I just threw those in the oven for 20 minutes on the cooking stone. The stuffed portobello mushrooms took a little bit longer.
- 2 Large Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese
- 1 Package of Tuna
- 1/4 Cup Mayo
- 1/4 Cup Bleu Cheese Crumbles
- 1/2 Cup Oatmeal or 1/4 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 Tsp Onion Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- Dash of Salt
- Cooking Spray
- 1 Smoothie Maker
- 1 Medium Mixing Bowl
- 1 Stirring Spoon
- 1 Toaster Oven Cookie Sheet
- 1-2 Oven Mitt
- 1 Toaster Oven
- In smoothie maker place 1/2 cup oatmeal, blend until fine **If using bread crumbs skip this step**
- In medium mixing bowl combine: oatmeal or bread crumbs, shredded cheese, tuna, mayo, onion salt, pepper & salt
- Mix with mixing spoon until everything is combined well & evenly coated
- Set the mixture to the side
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray
- Wash the mushrooms off, place the top of the mushroom on the bottom of the cookie sheet, leaving the open part facing you
- Using the mixing spoon fill the mushroom, just enough to fill, but not overflowing
- Sprinkle the bleu cheese on top
- Place in the toaster oven on 450 for 20 minutes
- Using the oven mitt remove from the toaster oven
- Now serve and enjoy!
Let me know in the comments if you used the recipe and either loved it or made altercations! I’m always up for altered recipes to try!